POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povmodeler : Re: povmodeler Server Time
3 May 2024 06:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povmodeler
From: simbad
Date: 22 Dec 2019 09:30:00
Message: <web.5dff7cc9f7e9e65213458b160@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "simbad" <Han### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > thanks.  keep "us" in the loop, please.
> >
> > Ok.
> > I do have a version that seems to run on slackware 14.1 and 14.2
> > As I am not very familiar with the functionalities of povmodeler and the qt
> > library tweaks it may still have bugs.
> >
> > But it looks promising as it has been build against the distros qt libs
> > versions. So Qt4.x
> >
> > Next would be to pack that and make it available. But this comes the next days.
> > For now I check whether the other packages still build and work.
>
> have a look at: <https://slackbuilds.org/>
> that is sort of the standard.
>
> if you want to discuss stuff, feel free to email direct.
>

> regards, jr.
Hi ho,
there are two packages available.

 * https://www.simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-1.1.4-x86_64-1hjl.tgz
 * https://www.simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-1.1.4-x86_64-2hjl.tgz

for slackware-14.1 and slackware-14.2

I experienced segfaults on first start. I could not find the cause for now.
While it has vanished with the next start it has been hard to identify.

While checking a coredump I found an iterator through the action list failed.
But the debugging on slackware is hard, as the X11 in a vm runs without any
accelleration support. Everything is very slow.

So look out for those crashes. Maybe I got some more ideas about the situation
that will cause this.

I did not created any slackbuild-script but added the slack-desc file to the
repo. As it should be easy to be build on a slackware distro now I think I will
not deliver the slack-build script.