POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? : Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? Server Time
2 May 2024 07:49:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone?
From: greytery
Date: 10 Dec 2019 17:15:00
Message: <web.5df0175fcce2d5d5dfb0950@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
> sorry, am getting .. lost in translation.  :-)  is this the same library as
> available on the link below?  if yes, which file(s)?
> nice site, thanks.  I looked at the lego library posted here, recently, but
> found that to be in .. a not-useful state.  the one from the Dutch site is much
> better, even has documentation!

I started with the links to the older version of the library posted by Melody;
Subject: LEGO Library Date: 10 Nov 2019 21:15:01
This older library is for Version 3.1 but contains 4/5 example LEGO models. Out
Of Date - but looked very interesting so I disappeared down the LEGO rabbit
hole. I could be here for some time ....

The new version at the Dutch site is Version 3.7, has changed partnames and
colours, and includes radiosity, for example. Also it contains 4/5 different
examples. E.G. 04551_Crocodile_Engine.   'povray crocodile_engine' invokes the
'crocodile_engine.ini' just fine, output is tga. (Note: edit the pov file to
switch off radiosity or lose the will to live).

Switch to one of the earlier examples (6338_hurricane_harbour) and that's when I
hit the Command Line problem on 3.8: The 6338.ini/6338.pov files cant be called
successfully unless it's 'povray +I6338.pov', which ignores the .ini file
anyway.

Now,the old examples use parts/colours that aren't in the new library and
materials include files, and so will fail to parse anyway. (But I've then
started to edit the model files to use the new partnames/colours and it's nearly
working ...)
My point is that the Command Line call is failing to behave as expected.

Anyway, I'll continue to dig while I'm down this hole.
tery