POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? : Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:03:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone?
From: jr
Date: 9 Dec 2019 17:05:02
Message: <web.5deec4d1cce2d5dfeeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > if you use sections in the ini, you'll have to use quotes:
> >   $ povray 'myini[hires]'

> Well... huh.

:-)

> Learned something new.   I don't really use ini files except for animations so,

without ini files we'd have to (ab)use 'Makefile's.  :-)  I use them mostly for
animations too, but (now) find it convenient, when "developing" a scene, to have
an ini with an unnamed section, with the "lo" quality settings for quick render,
and a named section with settings for "final" render.  (laziness, I guess.
forget command-line options, just 'pov38 myini')

btw, you did ask for a reminder re tangents/pulleys.  here's another.  ;-)

regards, jr.