POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kauai : Re: Kauai Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:53:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kauai
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Dec 2019 08:45:00
Message: <web.5decfd769f12fc344eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Melody" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> maybe a better texture, because height_field smooth
> doesnt seem so smooth

Believe me, without the smooth, it's a jagged nightmare.

You are really rockin' this digital elevation project - tons of progress and
updates, and I can tell from this animation that there's been a LOT of work
behind the scenes.

Maybe if you touch up the texture(s) and add some normals, then maybe it will
visually smooth things out.   It would also be an amazing feat to be able to get
some maps or satellite photos in register with the 3D landscape - but I've tried
that a little, and it's a registration nightmare.

Again:  Excellent work!   :)