POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 freezes : Re: alpha.10064268 freezes Server Time
6 May 2024 20:31:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 freezes
From: jr
Date: 6 Dec 2019 11:00:01
Message: <web.5dea7ac448df159ffeeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On 12/4/19 12:10 PM, jr wrote:
> > sounds like a good starting point.  artefacts seem to appear when I use
> > interpolation, so interested in the difference that code will make.  what is the
> > build/install procedure?  (sorry to use up yr time, mostly familiar with the
> > usual '.tar's, not "pulling" (+ merging?))
> Interpolation with respect to media... Not completely sure what you
> mean, but, there are directions on my wiki page at:

in a 'density {}' loaded from df3.

> http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Wfpokorny
> Though the branches available are out of date on it(1). You can get a
> current list of published branches on github. A graph/network view be
> seen by going to:
> https://github.com/wfpokorny/povray/network
> and you can also see a list using the branch switching list-pick button
> on the page:
> https://github.com/wfpokorny/povray
>
> You have to be in a position to build your own *nix versions of POV-Ray
> If you're not, well, what I have out there today isn't going to be
> useful to you.

right, had a quick look at your wiki page.  so generally, first git clone
POV-Ray master, then the checkout/pull sequence near bottom (with name of
branch)?  I found an ebook/pdf (by S Chacon), am resigned to having to read it.
...in the coming days.  :-)

> (1) - The inability to add new links to discussion and documentation
> made the wiki much less useful - and I've more or less just been letting
> my pages sit as is for long time.

I've been toying with the idea of trying to get a wiki page, for the df3-tools
mainly.  but the site seems quite static, not really encouraging contribution (I
feel).

regards, jr.