POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Console test : Re: Console test Server Time
2 May 2024 16:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Console test
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Nov 2019 07:15:00
Message: <web.5ddd1656bfabc0b64eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Pekka Aho" <pek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> A couple of thoughts I'd like to add just in case.
>
> It's important to notice that this is an international community. English is not
> the mother tongue for many of us. Weird choices of words can and will happen.

Indeed.  Never interpret/infer the meaning of a text or email.
I was informed that Portugese(?) spanish and Mexican/SouthAmerican spanish use
exactly the opposite words for [some] polite/formal and vulgar terms and
phrases.
Which as one can imagine can lead to some pretty awkward encounters.

> If
> something looks odd or even inappropriate, then the correct reaction is to ask
> what it is about, instead of for example going full rampage and enter the ignore
> mode only because of a simple misunderstanding that could easily be dealt with.

A good start, and wise advice.

> Throughout the years, POV news group has been the nicest, warmest, most mature
> and most encouraging environment in this whole thing called the internet. This
> has never been a place for unnecessary quarrel, flamewar or other negative ways
> of communication. We are all adult people here enjoying our peace and harmony
> and doing stuff we like, that is POVing. Let's not disturb any of that, shall
> we.

_Just_ to play Devil's advocate, and widen the penumbra of illumination:

a.  You're assuming everyone who clicks "reply" IS an adult.
b.  There are _adults_, and there are people over 18 that have failed to, and
may never mature.
c.  There are people who are afflicted with various things such as bipolar, BPD,
narcissism, schizophrenia, PTSD, and any number of CNS conditions.

I've experienced first hand all manner of variations on the above theme, and
have personally met people who - if you read about their disturbing conduct in
an international news report - you'd cringe.   You _never_ know who might be
sitting right next to you at a dinner table or renting a room in your very own
house.  Not kidding.   Like the Devil's minions themselves.

on the flipside, some sugar to help wash down that bitter pill of Truth:

an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the