POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : queues : Re: queues Server Time
29 Apr 2024 06:48:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: queues
From: jr
Date: 25 Nov 2019 15:15:07
Message: <web.5ddc35cced272ff4feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> the new in version 3.8 features have made it easier to implement some "standard"
> data structures, so here's my version of a couple of queue types:
> a conventional first in - first out (FIFO) type and a last in - first out
> (LIFO/stack).
>
> the 'queues.inc' file is standalone.  the usage of the macros is documented in
> the 'queues.html' page.  the archive also includes two (simple) demo scenes.

here's an update, to version 2.  it fixes a bug which limited a queue's max
length to one element less than requested, the 'q?Destroy' macros have been
renamed to (more accurate) 'q?Discard', a new type of queue, priority based, has
been added, the documentation has been updated, and a simple usage example
(tstqp.pov) has been added.

> feedback on both the '.inc' and the '.html' is wanted, and welcome, as are
> criticisms, tips, etc to make "the package" better.

enjoy, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'queues2.tar.gz' (5 KB)