POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray Archaeology: Yet Another Grass Scene by Vahur Krouverk, 1999-01-02 : Re: POV-Ray Archaeology: Yet Another GrassScenebyVahurKrouverk,1999-01-02 Server Time
5 May 2024 12:35:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Archaeology: Yet Another GrassScenebyVahurKrouverk,1999-01-02
From: s day
Date: 22 Nov 2019 04:30:02
Message: <web.5dd7a9fbc9ea2467938b133c0@news.povray.org>
Clumping is the way to go I think. On any grass scenes I have created I would
create a clump of grass (maybe 20 blades) over a small area of a few square
centimeters. (Often I would create an array of clumps with randomisation)

Then repeat the clumps over the terrain, the spacing can then be larger between
'blades' but allows for rougher terrain.

Pretty sure the macro for this grass is in the binaries section on the site if
you want to try it out.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tree.png' (3318 KB)