POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tangents with analytical geomtery : Re: Tangents with analytical geomtery Server Time
27 Apr 2024 02:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tangents with analytical geomtery
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Nov 2019 17:15:01
Message: <web.5dcb2dcc21826f334eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I hadn't even thought of that!

Yeah.   I can't even remember how I did it with just my 2 pulleys - I'll have to

> I was so intent on the math of the problem, that I didn't even think of making a
> looped animation. With 10 pulleys that could run awhile!

Yeah - I'll have to see if there's an equation for that.

> I did get a pigment_map to work, using the toroidal Warp for around the pulleys.
>  While writing this I had a Idea on how to get texture to work. Got to give it a
> try.

That's clever.  You should have seen the headache I went through with radial
recently.  :O

>  I still don't know why I'm working on this :0
>  Well it bets any other thing I need to do :)

Ha!   You and me both.
Something always captures my interest and I pursue it --- BECAUSE!

I hope to see some of your work on this soon.  Maybe I can draw you further into
this with --- GEARS!  :D

Glad you're having fun though.