POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tangents with analytical geomtery : Re: Tangents with analytical geomtery Server Time
27 Apr 2024 05:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tangents with analytical geomtery
From: Leroy
Date: 12 Nov 2019 14:00:01
Message: <web.5dcb00ce21826f33fc7719580@news.povray.org>

> Most belt animations are done with only a short, repeating series of frames, but
> with multiple radii, or if marking the pulleys or belt to really show the
> rotation, then what constitutes a "single" cycle can be much longer and somewhat
> challenging to calculate.

I hadn't even thought of that!

I was so intent on the math of the problem, that I didn't even think of making a
looped animation. With 10 pulleys that could run awhile!

 I did make a prism belt and 'real' pulleys. I got into a problem with the
texturing of the belt. My idea was to have a texture scaled so that it would be
the length of the belt and translate it to each section of the belt parts.
 Then all you have to do to animate the belt is change the translate value.
I did get a pigment_map to work, using the toroidal Warp for around the pulleys.
 While writing this I had a Idea on how to get texture to work. Got to give it a
try.

 I still don't know why I'm working on this :0
 Well it bets any other thing I need to do :)

 Have Fun!