POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD : Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:35:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Nov 2019 15:45:05
Message: <web.5dc32fa4f7b9a3af4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> great stuff.

It is  :)

Even better is this computer graphics lesson on bounding boxes  :D

https://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~dcor/Graphics/cg-slides/3d_geometry_lesson2.pdf

> no urgent need, use the OS tools.  when you dump (CSV) values, you could:
>   $ ./a.out {arg}  |  tee myfile.csv
>
> 'tee(1)' splits its input, displaying it _and_ writing it to file.

Most excellent.

I'm going to work on creating a test data set, and try to  show the SVD results
and maybe implement the reorientation.

Given that the code generates a random matrix using

generate_matrix(matrix, matrix_size, matrix_size);

and then computes the svd via

svd(matrix, s, u, v);

Tell me, Master Yoda,

How do I take a file with the <x, y, z> vectors and read it into the compiled
program so that _that_ is now the "matrix" argument for the svd function call?

Should I supply a filename and loop down the rows, reading in x, y, and z?

or is the a way to just do some kind of OS command line thing, adding in a

std::cin >> matrix;      line?