POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD : Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD Server Time
26 Apr 2024 15:28:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD
From: jr
Date: 5 Nov 2019 18:45:01
Message: <web.5dc208e5f7b9a3affeeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > So, I've managed to trim down the number of errors that this gives me, but it
> > looks like there are a few things that need to be ironed out.
> :-)
> > declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of
> > instantiation [-fpermissive]
> >   matrix_transpose(matrix, matrix_t);
> >                   ^
> and from here on it looks like complaints about functions which are called but
> not provided.

looked a little closer at the stuff.  so, (best teacher's voice) "let the lesson
begin".  :-)

in C, as in C++, the compiler must "know" (from a prototype), or "have seen", a
function _before_ it can be used.  so the error messages will go away if you
re-order the functions.

conventionally, you read a c/c++ source from the bottom of the file (ie 'main'
in most cases) upwards, and programming follows that -- if you call some
function from main, it must have been actually provided or prototyped "above".

regards, jr.