POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : bounding box calculator : Re: bounding box calculator Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:59:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bounding box calculator
From: jr
Date: 28 Oct 2019 10:10:01
Message: <web.5db6f57834d8ef06feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Op 27/10/2019 om 16:00 schreef jr:
> > ... a macro which ...
>
> Thanks! I am certainly going to play with this useful little toy.

thank you for giving it a try.  since it is a WIP, feedback on the .. user
"experience", problems etc will be valuable.

> I second Bald Eagle's suggestion about additional wireframes. I am a
> visual guy, and such things would help me no end.

that makes three if us.  :-)  blame POV-Ray (really, I mean it).  so I use a "X
Windows" environment, and here's provision for the following: I write a small UI
utility 'A' which can make use of the abilities of program 'B', so in 'A' I
create an empty frame (window) and when I run 'B' I tell it btw, here's a handle
to a window, please display yourself in that, and voila.  alas, the 3.6.x
versions of POV-Ray were the last "good X Windows citizens", since then it has
yoked itself to the SDL, a multimedia+gaming "sub-system", which doesn't play by
the same rules.  </rant>

however, I'd be happy to cooperate on solutions, if you (and or Bald Eagle) can
see a way to utilise the 'Bounder' output.

regards, jr.