POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another rendering / visualization option (for coders) : Re: Another rendering / visualization option (for coders) Server Time
10 May 2024 06:56:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another rendering / visualization option (for coders)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Oct 2019 12:30:05
Message: <web.5db5c5734b39d5714eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> By request, I have expanded this concept into a Python module. Example animation
> toward the bottom of the page. Let's see if it works here.

Very nice  :)

This seems makes 2 connections in my mind -

1.  It would be very nice if someone who had a better grasp of geometric
inversion could post a script or macro to easily allow that transformation.   I
tried a while back, but never got past the errors and render anomalies that I
ran into.

2.  I was just sifting through my catch-all download directory, and came across
a neat little animation of Platonic solids transforming into each other with a
sort of fireworks effect.   Mr. Balaska's recent fireworks scenes and now this,
are prompting me to upload this here.   Forgive the 3MB file.

No idea where I got it or who made it.   It was probably in my newsfeed on
Minds.com.    Enjoy   :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'platonicanimation.gif' (2971 KB)

Preview of image 'platonicanimation.gif'
platonicanimation.gif