POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tangents with analytical geomtery : Re: Tangents with analytical geomtery Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:08:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tangents with analytical geomtery
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Oct 2019 20:50:01
Message: <web.5da7ba6321826f334eec112d0@news.povray.org>

hopefully I can get it all to work by tomorrow afternoon.

So, I didn't make it as far as I wanted to by this point, but did manage to
ruminate on the issues for a bit today, and implement some further ideas.

No sense in trying to automate any sort of convex hull / belt path at this
point, so I first got it worked out so that each of the 4 tangent lines was
color coded, and you could then select which one to use in the setup array.
That one stays colored, and the rest get grayed out.

Then as I was working on transferring the code over from the concatenated Bezier
arcs scene, I knew I had to make sure all of the spline segments were
DIRECTIONAL, and so I elaborated the tangent line preview to draw a gradient
pigment line going from green at the start to red at the end.

See attached.

Now I have to start integrating the Arc segments code, and hopefully it will all
hang together and give me a nice prism.

I need to "scale" and rotate the radial pigment to match arcs of different
angles and orientations, figure out some sort of orderly manner in which to
export and transfer the array of points for each line and arc into a master
prism array, and make sure it's easy to switch segment directions.

Grid labels, secondary gridlines, circle center and Bezier endpoint markers, and
of course an image_map to overlay everything onto for copying a part diagram.

Maybe this will finally spur me to implement some dimensioning macros - but I
will probably start with just output to the #debug stream.

AND adding in the right version of screen.inc to use the orthographic camera.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'serpentinebeltprism.png' (548 KB)

Preview of image 'serpentinebeltprism.png'
serpentinebeltprism.png