POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to calculate the width of an object at a given clock time? : Re: How to calculate the width of an object at a given clock time? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to calculate the width of an object at a given clock time?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Oct 2019 13:40:00
Message: <web.5d9cc9e1a20882ed4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Kima" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> How can I calculate the final object width at first frame to estimate the camera
> location and used it in all frames?

Well, that's going to depend on the details of how your animation runs, but you
could use a loop to simulate the relative positions of the union and the camera
and store the max/min in a file, and set a flag to not run the loop from then
onward.

Or output the result to the #debug stream and then halt the render.   Then
hard-code that number into the scene.