POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Generate normal map : Re: Generate normal map Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generate normal map
From: Josh
Date: 6 Oct 2019 00:25:00
Message: <web.5d996b90892ac19bde26add0@news.povray.org>
> I adjusted the blue channel and - I guess it looks to me like it's right.
>
> The gray asteroid has
> finish {ambient 0.5 diffuse 0.25 specular 0.25}
> because ambient 1 just gives a flat gray object with no visible features...
>
> Do you need a specular map as well?
>
> Does this need to be rendered with a transparent background (alpha channel) ?

Wow. Cool. I'd love to see the povray file. Yes, I need it rendered with a
transparent background (alpha channel).

Basically I need two images that are perfectly aligned. One is the normal map.
The other is an image of the asteroid, with the features visible, but with no
major shadows. That way the game engine can add light from any direction.

Josh