POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Edelweiss Seat WIP : Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP Server Time
5 May 2024 22:31:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Oct 2019 23:30:01
Message: <web.5d995ebb52e9f814eec112d0@news.povray.org>

> I meant a sort of background image that could be used as a guide - I might try
> it just in POV-Ray exactly like that and see how it works.

So, I went ahead and did that to see how painful it was.

The setup was simple - I was working on a similar thing to layout bordered
characters for Dave Blandston's set of macros, and borrowed some of that code.
I likely also have to find whatever version of screen.inc got modified to handle
an orthographic camera properly...

The CSG is still grueling and painful, and for whatever reason, I had to deal
with coincident surfaces, even though I apply the texture to the entire CSG
object LAST.

I still have to fill in one section, and there's still a weird
coincident-surface-looking strip on the rightmost view  :(

But it's built, and hopefully I can hammer out a few other pieces to go along
with this.

I probably need to write some macros to handle circles and tangents...

"SDLPOVCAD"  :D

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'partdesign.png' (558 KB)