POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Edelweiss Seat WIP : Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP Server Time
6 May 2024 01:53:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Oct 2019 09:05:00
Message: <web.5d98940652e9f814eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Ton" <ton### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I don't know how Mint Linux does its software, but make sure you the development
> packages for QT and KDE, which include the header files in order to compile
> everything. Eticre describes in the link how to do that, and I tried that today
> with a fresh git clone, and that works.

There's a Software Manager in the GUI, and I use apt-get for anything else or
sometimes dpkg for .deb packages

I tried installing KDE, but no joy.
Seems I'm having problems like this
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=116058&start=40
and I don't know if I want to start opening that can of worms right now.

> No, there is no trace, but kpovmodeler allows "raw povray" text, so you could
> put a trace command. I've never tried that though.....

I meant a sort of background image that could be used as a guide - I might try
it just in POV-Ray exactly like that and see how it works.   Real-time
drawing/drafting is just faster and more intuitive.
Almost all of the graphics/CAD packages I've taken a quick look at seem to not
be well suited to the task, and I haven't managed to figure out how to install
BRL-CAD to try THAT...
I might have to install WINE   { :( <whine> } so that I can use M$ VISIO....
sigh.
Or reboot into Win7.   :(  :(   What a PITA.