POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Edelweiss Seat WIP : Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:10:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP
From: Ton
Date: 3 Oct 2019 18:40:01
Message: <web.5d9677af52e9f81d14300f20@news.povray.org>
> "Ton" <ton### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > Mr. Bald Eagle asked in the Edelweiss thread how I use povray.
> > Just like everybody else I think.
>
> We all assume that.  But it's always educational to compare notes.   :)
>
> > Patience, trying something, throw the computer out of the window, all part of
> > life....
>
> Sounds familiar...
>
> > For my Edelweiss I need seats for the passengers, so let's see how to do that.
> > I found the model-plans at:
> > https://modelengineeringwebsite.com/Trans_Europ_Express.html
> > The seats look like the attachment.
>
> > My povray tools are good old fashioned kpovmodeler, and kate, the editor. I'm
> > not running that microsoft stuff, but Linux.
>
> Hmmm.   I will have to check those out, as I have never used either.
> Also running Linux.  Mint and xfce desktop.
>

> Thanks for the walkthrough - I had done a lot of similar work using MS VISIO,
> EPspline, and a few other tools a few years ago.   Working on another project
> based on some blueprints, so maybe kpovmodeler will be just the thing!  :)

I'm on opensuse tumbleweed, with the KDE-desktop.
kate the editor has povray-syntax highlighting, so it's perfect for the job.
kpovmodeler probably needs some tender care. I don't think there is somebody
working on it, which is a shame. One of the advantages of kpovmodeler is that
the copy and paste are povray syntax text files. So you type some text, and
paste that into kpovmodeler, or the copy from kpovmodeler paste in a text file.
Here is also another update on my seat:
I've rounded the top end, looks nicer. I've also translated the side to 1.36,
and added the back and bottom (literally and figuratively speaking) side.
I also added the armrest, which concludes the seat. Well halfway. I was born
lazy and the scale x * -1 for the other half.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'side2.png' (35 KB)

Preview of image 'side2.png'