POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Edelweiss Seat WIP : Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:58:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP
From: Ton
Date: 2 Oct 2019 03:00:01
Message: <web.5d944a2b52e9f81d14300f20@news.povray.org>
The modelling in kpovmodeler is straight forward. The plan shows the
measurements of the seat. To avoid big numbers (the whole train is 4464 units
long), I divide them by 10. So the seat is 5.6 high, and 3.05 deep. To get the
rounded edge from the armrest to the backside I place a box in the corner,
differenced by a cylinder, the one highlighted in the images. The armrest is
3.25 high, the radius of the cylinder is 0.3, so the y-position is 3.55. The x
is 0.01 wider then the side, for the difference to work. The z-position is found
empirical, just move it until the edge is smooth. That's why 3 decimals. 0.940
is not enough, and 0.950 is too much.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'kpovmodeler.png' (92 KB)