POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : nice knots : Re: nice knots Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:53:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nice knots
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Sep 2019 12:05:00
Message: <web.5d879aeb37e75a1d4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
I used the pebbles code as a basis for my spheres in

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5d3c5fe27be432e04eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/

Without the zoom and other features that make that scene work SO well, I had to
just make some extreme changes to the textures to give enough variation of the
spheres.

The majority of that scene is just texture definitions.

If you just highlight those and replaced them with some pseudocode

[list of pigments]
[list of textures]
[list of normals]

etc,

you can really pare down the scene to make it a lot more understandable.