POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How does bezier_spline work in prism? : Re: How does bezier_spline work in prism? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 02:44:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How does bezier_spline work in prism?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 19 Sep 2019 15:35:00
Message: <web.5d83d80ecb41806e4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I couldn't let this go. I had to write the code!
>  so here it is right from my editor

Hi Leroy - I didn't work out your calculations, but comparing the result after
adding:

torus {3, 0.005 texture {pigment {White} finish {diffuse 1}} translate y}

Shows it to have a bit of a VISIO "squircle" thing going on.

[ site:visguy.com squircles ]

Adding #declare CL = CL*0.985;

Makes it noticeably more circular.

If you want to tweak it: