POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : REQUEST: Macro fol Scaffold? : Re: REQUEST: Macro fol Scaffold? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:38:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REQUEST: Macro fol Scaffold?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 Jul 2019 18:35:01
Message: <web.5d4217884ed4290e4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> thanks for the explanation.

Always glad to pass along the correction of my errors..  :D

> I've added a '#debug concat' and see that the
> 'TG_axis' is <0,78,0> and the x and z components are used in the calculation.

Indeed.  One of the valuable skills I've been improving on is debugging.  I
stilll need TOK or clipka to whack me upside the head from time to time, but I'm
getting better.

> what I do not understand is why.  ie, I cannot believe that the archive was
> posted with that bug (the file's header says version 3).  has POV-Ray's handling
> of the trig function(s) changed?  did v3.1 allow "wrong" arguments?

I doubt it.  We're digging WAY back here, so who knows what happened.   It could
have been a bad copy of v3 that was posted instead of the good one...

I haven't had a chance to run the scene / inc yet - I just dug up the link.