POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : REQUEST: Macro fol Scaffold? : Re: REQUEST: Macro fol Scaffold? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:49:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REQUEST: Macro fol Scaffold?
From: jr
Date: 31 Jul 2019 16:00:01
Message: <web.5d41f29c4ed4290e3936914a0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > File 'truss_c.inc' line 47: Parse Error: Domain error in atan2!
> > no idea why.
>
> That happens when both arguments are 0.

thanks for the explanation.  I've added a '#debug concat' and see that the
'TG_axis' is <0,78,0> and the x and z components are used in the calculation.
what I do not understand is why.  ie, I cannot believe that the archive was
posted with that bug (the file's header says version 3).  has POV-Ray's handling
of the trig function(s) changed?  did v3.1 allow "wrong" arguments?

regards, jr.