POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : From POV-Ray to Python : From POV-Ray to Python Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  From POV-Ray to Python
From: Joost
Date: 14 Jul 2019 09:25:00
Message: <web.5d2b2b2fdb0b1c9e956b72240@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I was curious for some general help. I've built cityscapes in POV-ray for 2D
images a decade ago. With the new possibilities of 3D printing I was thinking of
making 3D models of cities the way I used to do in POV-ray for 2D rendering. As
it seems complex and a lot of work to go through POV-Ray to STL, I was looking
into scripting in Python with Blender. Does anyone have any experience with
that? Is it possible to code objects in the same manner as in POV-ray (apart
from the differences in programming language of course)? Or are there
limitations to what can be done in Python? Any experience/tips?

Thanks in advance,
Joost