POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About Raytracing : About Raytracing Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:36:32 EDT (-0400)
  About Raytracing
From: scorp08
Date: 11 Jul 2019 08:55:01
Message: <web.5d27316da3134cee56755e030@news.povray.org>
Hello All
For a project, I am using brl-cad (https://brlcad.org) for raytracing stuff.
What it does is , it emit a particle towards geometry and give output of
geometry thickness where particle passes, material ID of the geometries ,
particle vector(direction) etc.
I am developing a software with python and I want to implement freecad for cad
works so is it possible to do same thing with freecad as brlcad did using
raytracing??

Similar to POVray , I want to define a source that emit light (it can be only 1
particle or it can be particles which defines an area). Output should contain
followings:
- Objects name and material IDs of which being hit by the particle or particles
from the source
-thickness of the objects
-location of hitted points in vector form.

How can I do that ?
Do I need a python script also to get material IDs?

It is similar with povray but in povray, I guess I have to define light source
as an area only...
Tnks