POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help to measure performance of Povray : Re: Need help to measure performance of Povray Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help to measure performance of Povray
From: jr
Date: 28 Jun 2019 06:50:00
Message: <web.5d15f04d89b05625a2aab1e70@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Deepak" <dee### [at] iiitbnet> wrote:
> I am new to try with Povray application.

enjoy.

> I am trying to test performance of
> various compiler like (gcc, clang) on CPU with
> scenes/advanced/benchmark/benchmark.pov (as suggested here-
> http://www.povray.org/download/benchmark.php)
>
> What I observed is the rendering is finishing in ~1.5 seconds only.
> So it's difficult to compare the results with various compiler for such short
> duration.
> Is there any large data set which runs for considerable time?

every POV-Ray install comes with a large number of example scenes[*], some of
which will take a fair amount of time to render; animations too are available.

also, if you "nose around", some of the newsgroups here often contain SDL
code/scenes provided by other users.

[*] typically in %INSTALLDIR%/scenes.

> or what parameter to change on .ini file to run it with considerable time.
> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Deepak

regards, jr.