POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help to measure performance of Povray : Need help to measure performance of Povray Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:11:03 EDT (-0400)
  Need help to measure performance of Povray
From: Deepak
Date: 28 Jun 2019 06:15:00
Message: <web.5d15e85a271ef7f34056c6480@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am new to try with Povray application. I am trying to test performance of
various compiler like (gcc, clang) on CPU with
scenes/advanced/benchmark/benchmark.pov (as suggested here-
http://www.povray.org/download/benchmark.php)

What I observed is the rendering is finishing in ~1.5 seconds only.
So it's difficult to compare the results with various compiler for such short
duration.

Is there any large data set which runs for considerable time? or how to change
or what parameter to change on .ini file to run it with considerable time.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Deepak