POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tetrahedral planetoid : Re: Tetrahedral planetoid Server Time
3 May 2024 03:38:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tetrahedral planetoid
From: Ton
Date: 16 Jun 2019 04:10:00
Message: <web.5d05f8427edc39d7939601860@news.povray.org>
>> I wish I could tinker like that. Well done.

> He builds the entire Titanic from scratch, and he wishes he "could tinker like
> that."

> Thanks!
>
> And as pointed out, your own adventures in CSG are not to be sniffed at! It's
> refreshing to see old-school POV-Ray techniques used to such detail. I only
> just caught up with your Titanic progress, sorry to hear you had a setback.
> As Thomas said, maybe you'll feel like revisiting it someday.
>
> Bill

Thanks Mr Bald and Mr Bill for the compliments.
With tinkering I basically meant to start something from scratch, like this
planetoid, which doesn't exist. For my Titanic and my Rocket I have drawings,
which I can turn into SDL. I don't have the fantasy, or imagination, to come up
with something new. (Been a software designer most of my life, which probably
explains why I prefer Povray over Blender. You can program it, typing text
files!)
Let's keep on using Povray, and keep typing.

Cheers
Ton.