POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tetrahedral planetoid : Tetrahedral planetoid Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:49:28 EDT (-0400)
  Tetrahedral planetoid
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Jun 2019 19:15:01
Message: <web.5d003550f3451f761b6c6b3a0@news.povray.org>
Greetings all

This is an unexpectedly successful bit of tinkering; didn't start as a serious
project but I thought I'd share today's results. It's my take on Escher's
'Tetrahedral Planetoid' - mostly procedurally generated, using spherical shells
differenced with cones centred on tetrahedron faces as a basis, and some trig
and transform jiggery-pokery to place simple buildings.

It's not finished yet - I'm considering some more details like ships or islands,
some greenery, towers or masts on the vertices, and I think I can make bridges
under the low points on the edges to join up the water pools.

Any comments or suggestions welcome!

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: