POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Icons : Re: Icons Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:02:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Icons
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 29 May 2019 04:00:00
Message: <web.5cee3ac12490a4cc79416a1f0@news.povray.org>
> Were you going to add shadows and stuff? Why use POV-Ray instead of
> Illustrator or Inkscape?
>

> Michael

Yes, the icons look very good with a thin drop shadow and match the rest of the
graphics that I plan to use very well. But of course that could be done with
Inkscape as well.

The advantage to using Pov-Ray is that Pov can adjust the width of the white
borders so all the icons match. For example, upon creation, each icon is a
different height. When they're scaled to match, that also affects the width of
the borders so they are no longer equal. Pov makes this problem easy to deal
with. Maybe Inkscape has a similar feature that I'm not aware of since I don't
use it very much.

Plus if I can figure out how to use these icons for my website I will have 100%
Pov-generated graphics and I think that would be pretty cool. Also, the icons
were fun to make with Pov and that's what this is really all about for me.

Regards,
Dave Blandston