POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visual Studio Code as a Cross-Platform POV-Ray Editor with Integrated Rende= : Re: Visual Studio Code as a Cross-Platform POV-Ray Editor with Integrated R= Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual Studio Code as a Cross-Platform POV-Ray Editor with Integrated R=
From: jr
Date: 16 May 2019 18:20:02
Message: <web.5cdde162fb642dd8a2aab1e70@news.povray.org>
hi,

> > ... "Practical Vim" by Drew Neil, ...
> Thanks for the pointer. It's on my to-do list to get such a book.

just saw that a second edition has been released.

> I've got an old vi book from when traditional vi was what one found on
> all *nix systems. Now suppose it's often/usually? vim by 'vi'.

guess so, "Vi IMproved" after all.  :-)  have not seen a real 'vi' installed in
... years.  perhaps the BSD people still carry that program.  as installed,
Slackware defaults to using 'elvis', and changing that (symlink) to 'vim' is the
very first thing.  :-)

regards, jr.