POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OBB to AABB question : OBB to AABB question Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:00:36 EDT (-0400)
  OBB to AABB question
From: jr
Date: 23 Feb 2019 08:40:00
Message: <web.5c714cdab0e359c4bcd610c90@news.povray.org>
hi,

as a part of a process I calculate two random-ish 3d points which are the base
and cap centres of a cylinder.  I now want to transform the cylinder such that
the base is at origin and the Y axis is the centre axis.  after adding some
points relative to the centre axis, I need to transform the cylinder back to its
original position.

as the cylinder is "oriented", I cannot fathom how/where to get "my angles" wrt
the POV-Ray "world" axes.  can someone please take me through a worked example,
or point out a good www resource?  tia.

regards, jr.