POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : perspective user defined camera? : Re: perspective user defined camera? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:12:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: perspective user defined camera?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Jan 2019 21:25:01
Message: <web.5c4e678b62f29219765e06870@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:

> No problem. It was an interesting problem to solve.
>
> You don't have to deal much with matrices to do this. (I just showed the
> relationship in case anyone is interested.)

This is only tangentially related:

Would something related to this be the preferred way to set up a scene so that
an object would occupy a specific position on the screen - back calculating to
determine where the camera should be?

So, let's say there are 2 views (I think that might be necessary to get Z), each
showing the same cube (and maybe a reference point like the origin) from a
different vantage point.
I'm presuming that a matrix would be the best way to reverse-project back to
where the camera should be?

It's just something that struck me with the functions, and matrices, and
user-define camera...