POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parse Error: No matching } in 'union', object identifier found instead : Parse Error: No matching } in 'union', object identifier found instead Server Time
26 Apr 2024 09:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Parse Error: No matching } in 'union', object identifier found instead
From: kendfrey
Date: 20 Jan 2019 19:05:00
Message: <web.5c450a7271c191d5c059c35f0@news.povray.org>
I'm getting this error when trying to create a union of predefined objects.

#declare Foo = sphere { <0, 0, 0>, 0.1 };
#declare Bar = sphere { <1, 0, 0>, 0.1 };
union
{
    Foo
    Bar // Parse Error: No matching } in 'union', object identifier found
instead
}

This seems like it should be fine. It parses successfully if I put each
identifier inside object { }. Why isn't this allowed?