POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some older renderings from an old POVhead : Re: Some older renderings from an old POVhead Server Time
28 Apr 2024 05:54:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some older renderings from an old POVhead
From: Samuel B
Date: 13 Jan 2019 15:05:01
Message: <web.5c3b99cf555f9722102e48c00@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> On 29.12.18 23:31, Samuel B. wrote:
> > Heightmap + isosurface experiment. Sorta "meh," but promising.
> >
> What did you precisely in this scene - interpolating a heightfield using
> a function? Tell us more about it!
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar
>
> Now playing: Denis (Blondie)

Hello Yadgar,

Sorry for the late reply; I haven't been doing too good lately.

For that rendering I used a height map inside an isosurface function and a
pattern (granite iirc) for the horizontal striations, with matching pigment. The
height map itself might have been generated with a free version of World
Machine... or Terragen. Probably World Machine due to the low quality (the free
version limited the output to something like 512x512).