POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Roosters! :D : Re: Roosters! :D Server Time
6 May 2024 11:52:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Roosters! :D
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 3 Jan 2019 09:50:00
Message: <web.5c2e1fd29f1d91d626e3c2850@news.povray.org>
Many thanks for the feedback & cheers! =)

This is a remarkably goofier project compared to what I usually tend to do, so
we'll see what kind of wackyness I end up with, hehe. :D

"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I always enjoy your work, and this new direction is very interesting! I am
> curious, are the blurry effects around some of the graphics (such as the words
> "Roosters! v1.0") a result of converting anti-aliased bitmap images into
> something POV-Ray can manipulate, or are they generated procedurally?

The blur on the images seems to come from scaling the final rendered images up
to pixelated ones. I did have AA on the actual renderings, but then had it
turned off on my image editor, and apparently something happens there that
results in some slight softening here and there regardless. I have to
investigate it further just in case. :)