POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some older renderings from an old POVhead : Re: Some older renderings from an old POVhead Server Time
27 Apr 2024 10:04:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some older renderings from an old POVhead
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 1 Jan 2019 04:45:01
Message: <web.5c2b35f6555f97221fbfafc10@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Actual AO, screen-space AO, or what? Because it appears to highlight edges like
> a proximity pattern, unlike ambient occlusion proper which only darks
> cavities...

I used AO together with Rune's trick here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.59c1a29281230942e962ef280%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.59c
1a29281230942e962ef280%40news.povray.org%3E

AO is better than using a proximity pattern, when it comes to thousands of
objects.
In my image I used two proximity patterns - one for the question marks and one
for the other letters from A to Z.

Norbert