POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Infinity Symbol : Re: Infinity Symbol Server Time
3 May 2024 04:11:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinity Symbol
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 26 Dec 2018 15:50:00
Message: <web.5c23e908ab1f7a1f79416a1f0@news.povray.org>
> Well, I thought at first that the two halves of the infinity could be made into
> a sort of db, but it's more of a bd shape.  So then I thought that if you put a
> db in front of the infinity, then you could somehow tie into the infinity from
> the front, and have it work.
>
> Since that might be a little sketchy, then I thought that maybe if the db and
> the infinity were somehow "open" on both front and back (like neon sign letters
> made from a single tube), you could have a continuous "spline" going all the way
> around, and then project a shadow on a background to give a "closed" db that
> morphs into a "closed" infinity and back again - maybe with something clever in
> the transitions.

Hmmm... I may or may not understand what you're describing correctly but even so
what I'm envisioning from your suggestion would be pretty cool indeed. But alas
very difficult and (worse) time consuming. I may have to set this little
side-project aside for now until some new inspiration hits me. Logos have
interested me for a long time and I think they're a lot of fun to make though.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Dave Blandston