POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : View_POV_Include_Stack : Re: View_POV_Include_Stack Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:05:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: View_POV_Include_Stack
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Dec 2018 14:45:00
Message: <web.5c082a46d772a8a8765e06870@news.povray.org>
ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> I tried to use it to not render test scenes in an include file when the
> file is included instead of stand alone. Didn't succeed so far, only
> acheived the opposite result.

I usually define a variable at the top of my main scene files.
#declare SDL = true;

Then in any include file that I want to render when I'm working on them solo,
but just use as a plain include file when it's included, I do:

#ifdef (SDL)
     // do nothing
#else
     (all your global, camera, include, and other stuff you need to render the
file)
#end

and then at the end of the file I do the same check again

#ifdef (SDL)
     // do nothing
#else
     object {whatever}
     and any other stuff that needs to be rendered
#end

I'll also usually write a check for a variable named "Verbose"
which triggers macros and such to spill their guts to the debug stream
if it's false, then everything just runs silent.