POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another Bordered Character Style : Another Bordered Character Style Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:33:37 EDT (-0400)
  Another Bordered Character Style
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 11 Nov 2018 02:45:01
Message: <web.5be7dd504d8176da79416a1f0@news.povray.org>
Greetings Ray Tracers,

Once in a while I revive an old project and make a new character style for my
Bordered Characters program. I thought this one was particularly fun and
interesting. The surface of the inside portion of the character is determined by
a mathematical function (in this case, the sine function). Unfortunately the
inner portion is made of lots of thin slices of POV matter of varying heights
which creates a stair step effect, which in turn creates moire patterns. The
splotchy blue texture helps minimize the moire pattern problem but it's still
pretty bad. Due to the large number of slices required it's also pretty slow to
render. So it's not a very useful character style but it's beautiful to me. It
becomes even more interesting with more "ripples" but too slow to render a
reasonably high quality image.

Regards,
Dave Blandston

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'demo_fontvariationtest_41.jpg' (169 KB)

Preview of image 'demo_fontvariationtest_41.jpg'
demo_fontvariationtest_41.jpg