POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shot glass test : Re: Shot glass test, with liquid Server Time
5 May 2024 06:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shot glass test, with liquid
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Oct 2018 18:25:01
Message: <web.5bd242609da521643b397d0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> 2) Try applying a JPEG image instead of a PNG (made in a graphics program with a
> transparent mask in the outer area)...

Sorry, ignore that; I wasn't thinking. (A jpeg image can't have an alpha-channel
mask, AFAIK.) Duh.

INSTEAD...
Try applying a jpeg image to the glass with the 'once' keyword (instead of your
png image), to see if there is any visual change in the transparent areas. I'm
still thinking that the 'darkness' problem might be PNG/gamma related.