POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shot glass test : Re: Shot glass test Server Time
29 Apr 2024 08:45:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shot glass test
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 Oct 2018 14:30:00
Message: <web.5bcf681bbaf46d9a43b397d0@news.povray.org>
StephenS <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> On 2018-10-22 6:16 a.m., Stephen wrote:
>
> > How did you apply the png?
> > I think it is interfering with the glass.
>
> For me, *.png with alpha channel/planar mapping/once. The crest is a
> separate object.
>
> I fixed the white sides/bottom by moving the crest off of the surface.
> difference{
>   lathe x 1.002
>   lathe x 1.001
> }

I have to admit that I didn't notice the odd crest area when first seeing your
image. I probably thought it was part of the design or something...

So the crest is now a very thin separate (complete) lathe object, that's
transparent/invisible, except where the crest image is? And kind of 'floating'
off the surface by a tiny amount? That's a clever solution.