POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RMS Titanic : Re: RMS Titanic Server Time
5 Jul 2024 11:07:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RMS Titanic
From: Ton
Date: 19 Oct 2018 20:50:02
Message: <web.5bca7ae970fe5398a50bb1200@news.povray.org>
> I do not want to give you undue delusions (nor speaking of vanity, God
> forbid) about your merits as a designer, so I wont tell you that you did
> a perfect job.
Bedankt Thomas.

> Now you are talking my language. I've spent years working on deck
> cranes' SWL equipment. :)
There are more cranes coming, Stephen, on the well decks.

It's about three weeks since I've posted progress. I've not been idle, working
on the forecastle and aft- (or poop-)deck. A lot of smaller things.
I've also added the C-deck, and I am now thinking of a nice easy way to create
the hull between B-deck and C-deck. The two forward sections are polygons, and
the data for them
are located in arrays. So I want to create a loop, iterating over the vertices,
and create
triangles along the way. I'm afraid the normal vectors will require a bit of
math (vcross
and vnormalize come to mind). Interesting days ahead!
Here's the latest render of the bow:

Cheers
Ton.

Post a reply to this message