POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Position Finder" results : Re: "Position Finder" results Server Time
2 May 2024 08:57:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Position Finder" results
From: Kenneth
Date: 2 Oct 2018 14:45:01
Message: <web.5bb3bc76813dde7aa47873e10@news.povray.org>

[Clipka wrote:]
> > Or, maybe that's actually the problem?
> >
> > A macro that tries to probe where a particular pixel's ray hits the
> > scene must know - and process - /something/ about the camera opening angle.
>
> He's just not seeing it embedded in
> transform{TEXT_OBJECT_TRANSFORM}

Do you mean that Clipka's observation is already 'included' in that TEXT OBJECT
matrix in some way? Although I surely don't grasp that, it's quite interesting.
And the matrix is used ONLY for the text objects, not for the arrow placement
(unless all the ingredients in the matrix are also used in another form for the
arrow?) Sorry if I'm not making clear sense; the whole concept is quite fuzzy to
me at the moment.

BTW, apologies for not yet commenting on your code analysis; I'm slowly
digesting it all ;-)