POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bezier-patch torus : Re: Bezier-patch torus Server Time
19 May 2024 20:49:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bezier-patch torus
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Sep 2018 15:15:02
Message: <web.5ba14dd7dc5d6572c437ac910@news.povray.org>
> Update:

> It's _supposed to be_ a noiseless torus with a coil wrapping around it 5 times -
> but these things almost never work out right the first time around.

OHHHHhhhhhh, so much debugging.
Still a little glitch to work out, but it's super close.

> And I still need to write functions for partial derivatives to get tangent
> vectors, and then cross those vectors to get the normals.

I think this should be trivial in comparison.  :D

So - here's a coil wrapping around a torus 5 times.   Super easy as a sphere
weep and parametric or isosurface or polynomial...   but if the torus is
deformed...

With the bicubic_patch system, everything follows the surface of the torus.
Apologies for my complete lack of artistic talent on short notice.
It's a proof-of-concept WIP.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bezierstitchedtoruswithcurve.png' (997 KB)

Preview of image 'bezierstitchedtoruswithcurve.png'
bezierstitchedtoruswithcurve.png