POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TBTFH 2018 status : Re: TBTFH 2018 status Server Time
4 May 2024 02:33:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TBTFH 2018 status
From: jr
Date: 9 Sep 2018 12:55:01
Message: <web.5b954f4fabd6e8dbb0d4fc1e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Am 08.09.2018 um 13:45 schrieb jr:
> > now I would like to find out how to increase the translucence of the rhomboids.
>
> Are you aiming for semi-transparency or diffuse translucency?

translucent I guess.  I replaced (in BGimeno's code) the rgb colour returned
from  the CW_angle macro with a rgbt (with fixed .45 transmit, see image) but
that results in increased transparency.  the effect I'd like to achieve is more
like very, very thin mother-of-pearl.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: