POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TBTFH 2018 status : Re: TBTFH 2018 status Server Time
3 May 2024 06:02:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TBTFH 2018 status
From: jr
Date: 8 Sep 2018 07:50:01
Message: <web.5b93b645abd6e8dbb0d4fc1e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> will follow this up tomorrow, I've been playing with the colour and the latest
> run was two minutes faster (!!) than the previous.  need to chck this further.

I changed the colour of the filigree to 'BrightGold', and the return value of
the CW_angle macro (ie use the other colour).

that more than doubled the radiosity time, from ~130s to ~348s, and the render
went up from about 20 minutes to:

Render Time:
  Photon Time:      No photons
  Radiosity Time:   0 hours  5 minutes 48 seconds (348.012 seconds)
              using 4 thread(s) with 1384.908 CPU-seconds total
  Trace Time:       0 hours 31 minutes 50 seconds (1910.868 seconds)
              using 4 thread(s) with 7562.702 CPU-seconds total

the difference between white + gold filigree is around 3.5 minutes for the
original Cw_angle, and 4.5 minutes for the 5-colour version, white being slower.

now I would like to find out how to increase the translucence of the rhomboids.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'snip.png' (309 KB)