POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TBTFH 2018 status : Re: TBTFH 2018 status Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TBTFH 2018 status
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Sep 2018 15:10:04
Message: <web.5b92cc92abd6e8dbc437ac910@news.povray.org>
BGimeno <bru### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The code is in povray.text.scene-files. Take this as a work in progress.
> I think some parameters need readjustments.
>
> Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz × 8
> RAM 7,7 GiB
> OS Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
>
> Render Time:
>    Photon Time:      No photons
>    Radiosity Time:   0 hours 24 minutes  1 seconds (1441.334 seconds)
>                using 8 thread(s) with 11340.966 CPU-seconds total
>    Trace Time:       6 hours  1 minutes 38 seconds (21698.912 seconds)
>                using 8 thread(s) with 172774.191 CPU-seconds total
>
> Regards
> BGimeno

This looks good - but I'm confused.
I haven't had a chance to look through your code and see what you're doing.

Is that "stripe" supposed to be missing?
(I like the effect anyway  :) )
This took about 13 min to parse on my tower at work, and not very long to render
for me - what are those huge times you're posting?

The torus that I'm working on doesn't take nearly that much time to parse on my
laptop.

I'll send you an email and maybe we can compare notes.